Monday, May 7, 2012

Expressing Feelings

I have come to realize that people have become more open in expressing their feelings. In a way, this is good because at least you are not wondering what other people are feeling. Furthermore, if you are able to show your feelings, it gives you a sort of catharsis, hence you cleanse your system by drawing out the feelings pent up within you. I guess, in a way, this is healthy for the individual.

However, I also noticed that people have been expressing negative feelings more than positive feelings. For example, Bunny keeps on complaining about how things in his office are like this and like that. In 9gag, I have the impression that people have grown cynical because of the things they are posting there. The use of foul language or cuss words have become common place. The young generation has been using foul language more openly nowadays. Honestly, there are times when I am drawn in to following this trend and during my saner and calmer days I'd feel bad about myself for thinking thinking things negatively on many occasions.

I wonder if this will continue in the yeas to come. I know not all of these people mean things seriously. They just want to to vent their emotion on someone somewhere to release feelings. But then, what if this releasing of negative emotion becomes a habit, would they create a society that is overly critical and cynical. Will they not develop into individuals who fend on disharmony rather individuals who promote harmony in society?

Another thing is that if they are able to express negative feelings, can they do the same for positive feelings? They are now more open in expressing anger, fear, sadness and rage, but can they pay more attention to feelings of joy, gladness and any other positive feelings there are? Wouldn't this world be a more optimistic if people can show their positive feelings more than their negative feelings. I am not against expressing negatively feelings if it can unburden the feeling in your chest. What I am more skeptical is making this release of negative emotion very openly in an almost daily basis to the point that it is developing the individual into a cynical, overly critical person.

To wrap things up, what I want to say is perhaps we can develop people who are more positive in their approach to life. Nothing is wrong with expressing your negative feelings but I thing you should also focus your attention to your positive feelings. Then perhaps, you'll see that the world can be a good place to live in and the people around you can be splendid individuals if you look at their good side rather than the bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment